Join the GetYourFix Volunteer Network!
Help Save Unwanted Animals From Dying in Shelters -- Apply Now
Street Team volunteers represent GetYourFix and the FiXiT Foundation in their local community and generate interest in the program. You can save animal lives in your community by getting more animals spayed and neutered by building relationships among potential funders, volunteers, veterinary clinics, and pet owners.
All we ask from you is a desire to reduce euthanasia and pet overpopulation through grassroots outreach efforts. Candidates should be proactive and self-motivated. We recommend 15 hours per month for a minimum of six months is required.
GetYourFix volunteers begin by:
Promoting GetYourFix by distributing materials to pet-friendly businesses, spay/neuter clinics, and locations accessible to low-income pet owners in your area and refer local pet owners to free or low cost spay/neuter option.
Over time volunteers can continue to help animals in many ways:
• Build relationships by tabling at pet related events/businesses.
• Recruit teammates and funders by hosting grassroots events.
Sign up potential Street Team volunteers through local and social networks.
Provide outreach to pet owners in need of getting their animals fixed. Create lists of area spay/neuter options and distribute.
Network with local clinics and shelters to create opportunites for helping more animals.
Ready to join us?
In just 3 easy steps - no more than an hour of your time - you can be a Street Team member!
1. Watch our GetYourFix Volunteer Introduction video
2. Submit your completed Street Team volunteer application online.
3. Have a chat with our volunteer coordinator, Melissa.Together, these steps will give you the neccessary information to promote spay/neuter as a GetYourFix Street Team member and help animals in your area!